Reviews from Brides, Grooms, and their Families

Our thanks to all of you again for being a part of our special day. Things ran a little behind and your performance really kept everything beautiful while our guests were waiting. Your assistance in arranging our song was phenomenal and the performance while my bride walked down the isle just added to everything else to take my breath away. I have attached a couple photos from the day of your performance. If you would like to use them, feel free as we have all the appropriate releases.

Also, I have a video of the ceremony that, if you were interested, I could edit for you to use as well. Thanks again for helping us make this an amazing experience for us and our guests. We will be sure to recommend you any chance we get.

Kind Regards,

Alex Nation

* * * * * * *

Dear Downstate Strings,

I would like to thank you for your beautiful performance Sunday at our wedding! The music was perfect, and created the exact atmosphere that Matthew and I were imagining. It felt to us like a garden party that might have happened a long time ago. The ambiance was truly magical. I didn't get a chance to thank you before you left, so please do tell each of the ladies how much we enjoyed it. Our guests, too, have complimented you several times over.

We are so very pleased. Thank you again, and we hope to hear you perform again someday when we visit Illinois!

-- Jennifer Gover Bannon


Elaine and Martha from Downstate Strings were very helpful and patient with assisting me in finding the right music pieces for my wedding. Their experience in playing at social events showed at every step of the process. The performance of Downstate Strings is part of my fond memories of the day -- it simply created the atmosphere I had envisioned for that moment. Thank you for your wonderful recital!

-- Nathalie (Wedding in Springfield, IL May 2008)

The members of Downstate Strings were wonderful to work with. They were professional, had a large number of classic pieces to choose from, and gave a beautiful performance during our June 2009 wedding. Our guests talked about it for months! Thank you, Downstate Strings!

---from Charlotte Smith

Words cannot express our gratitude for the beautiful music on our daughter's wedding day. We will cherish the memories.

---from Behrooz and Denise Heshmatpour

Thank you for playing at our wedding! I have heard many great things from our guests! Your sting quartet helped make our day even more special! Before the ceremony while I was getting ready upstairs I heard you play and I bursted into tears of joy! It was so wonderful it still gives me the butterflies to think about it!

I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to talk to you during the reception. Anyways, it was a pleasure working with you.

Sincerely,

Daniela and Brant

* * *

Downstate Strings,

Your music magnified the blessing and covenant of our children's wedding. "Perfecto," said the Parodies. The Witmers agree: thank you for 4Xs the pleasure of the dream.

With deep appreciation,

Steve & Donna

* * *

Downstate Strings,

Thank you so very much for providing beautiful music at our wedding. Thank you for helping our dream wedding come true!

Thanks & God Bless,

Owen and Jessie

* * * * * * *
. . . So it turned out I had the perfect wedding--in the place most special to my heart, with my favorite music to the man I've loved nearly 20 years. Thank you Downstate Strings. You were truly the icing on the cake.

Amy York